The Mission at Gracia Hospice Group, Inc. is to be the best, most dynamic patient and family centered hospice care provider with an unparalleled interdisciplinary staff whose empathetic care and ethical values serve our clients with dignity, respect, and love.
We strive to be the archetype of hospice care in our community. We contend to serve by embracing a diverse population of patients with different cultural attitudes toward end of life care and spiritual beliefs.
We will raise awareness in the community of hospice services as a critical part of the continuum of care.
We commit to clinical excellence and safe practices through our ongoing agency wide Quality Improvement Program.
Our Vision at Gracia Hospice Group, Inc. is that we will be recognized throughout Colorado and the nation as an archetype of hospice and palliative care; as a dynamic, progressive, and innovative leader in end of life services.
We will be recognized by our community as experts in quality hospice care and as compassionate caregivers dedicated to promoting wellness and improved quality of life to patients with terminal illness.
We will set the standard for clinical excellence, patient and family centered care, ethical behavior, patient and employee safety, and as a hospice that reaches across cultural lines and treats families according to their wishes pertaining to their culture, language, race and/ or religious preferences.
Commitment to our patients
- Every human being is a unique creation of God and deserves to be treated with love, compassion, dignity and respect.
- We recognize death as a normal part of the life cycle.
- We will advocate for the rights of terminally ill patients and their families.
- We recognize the importance of providing comfort and hope to patients and their families on their sacred journey by affirming their dignity and honoring their wishes.
- We believe in a holistic approach to care by serving the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of the client and their family members and our primary goal is to relieve suffering in all of these areas.
- We believe it is important to respond to the critical need of caregiver support and education on end of life issues.
Commitment to our staff
- Gracia Hospice Group, Inc. staff and volunteers will work in a community of respect and support by administration. They are the direct extension of the hands of God caring for our patients and families.
- We will provide support to all staff and volunteers in recognition of the challenging and unique nature of their work.
Commitment to our community
- We will educate our community on the options patients have regarding end of life care and keep them abreast of new practices.
- We welcome a diverse population of patients and families regardless of race, creed, or religion. We hope to serve them best by embracing their cultural beliefs and traditions regarding end of life. We believe that patients and families receive more assuasive care when able to communicate their needs in their primary language.
Commitment to excellence
- We strive to create an environment of teamwork and participation.
- Through continuous performance improvement people pursue excellence and take pride in their work, the agency, and their personal development.
- Clinical excellence and best safety practices can only be attained through continued education, training, and participation in Quality assessment and improvement.
- We take personal responsibility to uphold the highest standards of ethics and honesty in all we do.
Commitment to God
- We will honor God in all our actions and decisions
- We recognize that it is God who has graciously bestowed upon us our talents, gifts of service, blessings, and all that we have at Gracia Hospice Group, Inc. We seek to tithe to the Glory of God for use on patients in the community who gravely need services but are financially impoverished. We seek to bring comfort as our Father has taught us:
- 2 Corinthians 1:3
- “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, The Father of mercies and God of all comfort”